Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Casulities of War

Last year Me, Robin, And Nightwing went on a trip of self discovery, While I left Cassandra to take down The LOA, and Titans East. My trip was in a quest to rid myself of my personal demons.

Me and Cassandra both failed. Well at least on the Alfred front, things have normalized. Turns out he had a concussion from a bowling ball falling on his head. Either that or he was getting closer to his feminine side and using the concussion as an excuse. Either way he no longer looks like this.



Not sure that it's all that much better than this.

Except one is weirder than the other. I had a crisis of faith. Not because of Alfred, Just I had to send Tim to rehab for his drinking . Though not all of what he said in his tantrum that was a response to that was true, like me being responsible for his Father's death, No that was the original Captain Boomerang, and Jean Loring. One thing was true I am responible for Stephanie Brown.

I tried to get her to stop being a crime fighter , she just wasn't cut out for it. But her sheer determination had impressed me. I tried to make her into a new Robin, then I realized she would be killed. If she kept going the way she was.


And unfortunately I was right. She was captured by Black Mask and tortured. I Got her to an old friend of mine Leslie Thomkins, and she did nothing to save her to teach me some kind of sick lesson about training young crime fighters.

I should have seen the signs that Leslie was cracking. But I was too busy with the Gotham Gang War. I haven't seen Thompkins since I need to hunt her down and make her pay.

Then I thought to myself. Maybe every one was right, maybe I make my own problems. If I just hung up the cowl , Gotham and the world would be better without the Batman.

I sat staring at my costume. Oracle called at this moment. " Hey we're leaving the Boudakai, Vegeta is going to fight Thor, and I don't think they'll be an arena left after these two are finished. Probably the island will be gone too."


" That's fine." I answer.

" We'll leave as soon as Cass says goodbye to her boyfriend." Oracle states cheerily.

In my mind the amature video that the news kept playing over, and over of the fight with Hero Slayer, Kara, Batgirl , And the saiyan children run through my mind. All i see was the the girl wearing my symbol being hurt.

A t first I though Cassandra had become sloppy because of the boy being there. But since the tape came to light I saw she was almost flawless, Heroslayer got lucky. Another girl who because of me , and my war was hurt.

Slayer would have never went after her if she didn't wear that costume. That's when my common sense knocks me out of my self pity. Even If Cassandra didn't wear the costume anymore, After I had introduced her to the concept of morality, she was as determined as I am to stop crime.

The guilt of the of that man killed weighs heavily on her soul, and she would do almost anything to balance the scales. And odd things happen in this community. Even without Robin, Cassandra may have run in to Vincent, and be attracted to him for whatever reason anyway.

And Heroslayer would have still injured her. On TV I saw The children of members of that Superhero team he killed a while back. Crying over their parents graves. I then remember the promise I gave my parents over their graves. More vividly I recall watching them be shot while I could do nothing.

I came to the realization, Heroslayer needs to stopped he declared war on us, and the our next generation, Now I'm declaring war on him. I put the costume on , and prepare to follow the first lead, Mirai Trunks.


And no This has nothing to do with Vampirella . I don't have an obsession over her no matter what some people may report.

4 comments:

Kon-El said...

ok a few things here 1 Alfred look very womanly there.

2 Your an Emo


# Your just going after Hero slayer now? Whatcha been waiting on dude?

Professor Xavier said...

Hey, Discoman! He owes me $5 bucks.

Nightwing said...

I think you forgot to give Alfred his shots.

Batman said...

Conner : I don't care what the living hormone says about me.

Professor : Disco man owes us all by now.

Nightwing: so that's it!