Monday, April 7, 2008

A visit from Ironman

I wake up and find a huge statue of Bart Allen in my front yard. Sigh it's obvious who put that there. I get dressed and walk down the hall to Robin's room. “Tim! Get that out of the front yard!" I yell knocking at his door.

“Where am I supposed to put it Bruce?"

“How about where Titan's Tower used to be?"

" How about you stop using the Titans for free labor?" He yells.

“I would but they keep breaking things, I think hey owe me at least a million dollars at this point." I notice MS. Martian walking by. “Excuse me? Would you mind taking the Kid Flash statue to Titan's Tower?"


She gets defensive. “But I have not broken anything."

“I’ll buy you an ice cream cake."

“Joy!" She phases through the wall to the statue. Good that's done. Alfred gets the car ready, While I make a few calls, After making sure I'm not needed by the JLA, outlaws or in Gotham, I get in the car , and get ready to go to Wayne Enterprises , Joy. And yes that was sarcasm.

While in the car, Oracle calls, I'm hoping it's something that can get me out of work. No such luck. “Batman? Jason has apparently been annoying Batwoman."

“Okay what's he doing now?" I rub the temples of my head.

“Well seems he has a girlfriend, and he was asking Batwoman for um, help in um...."

I stop her “I think I get the idea Barbara. Speaking of which, when you talk dirty to Richard over the communicators make sure you are only talking to him, I caught Superboy, Blue Beetle, and The Devil Kid all listening in to you last night."

I hear a gasp over the communicator. “How long did they listen?"

“I don't know, but Conner was taking notes, and it wasn't just them, think of how many heroes have those communicators..."

“Oh my god I can't look any of them in the eyes again, I have to go."

And that was the last thing that was interesting for hours that day, board meetings, office work, phone calls, Etc, Etc. Finally I received a buzz from my secretary. “Mr. Anthony Stark is here."

I was confused for a second, "The teenager or the adult?"

"Adult sir."

“Send him in."

Stark comes looking like the cat that ate the canary.

“What does the deputy director of SHIELD Want with me?" I ask in my meekest voice possible while trying not to punch him in the jaw.

“It’s not you Mister Wayne, but you're alter ego I’m interested in."

“What?" I ask.

“I know you're Batman, you might as well quit acting, you've been annoying us with those Outlaws of yours for some time, but it ends here."

I put my finder on a button underneath my desk. “Is that so?"

"Yes I didn't come here for a fight. Normally I'd arrest you, on many charges, including child endangerment, and espionage. Besides the fact that you are a vigilante. But this is far more important."


“More important than you taking away people's liberties?" I accuse. “You and your Registration Act drafted anyone with a superpower!"

He glares. "Like you trusted them so much did you not create Brother I to watch those with Superpowers? Or do you not have many ways to defeat the Justice League in case they go rouge in your computer? Look here, the registration Act wasn't perfect, but it was the lesser of two evils heroes need training, and the Teen Titans idea doesn’t work, hell how many of them are dead now? People didn't want vigilantes with the power to burn down cities just running around. “He sighs.” But this is bigger."

“What is?"

“You should Know Bruce, Skrulls they now have superpowers, all of them."

I sigh. “I and The Outlaws did find evidence that they were experimenting with the metahuman genome, they couldn't duplicate Kryptonian, but others they were close."

“Well they've succeeded, Mister Wayne. One had the eyebeams of Cyclops, someone's fire power, and other abilities. They are going to take hew world right from under our noses unless we fight back."

“What do you propose?" I ask.

“You’re too big a resource to lock away It would be better to have Batman fighting there skrulls, than sitting in a cell. I say we pool our resources, rid the Earth of this threat, and then worry about anything else later. "

I shake his hand. “Sounds good, though I still don't like you."

“You don't have to." He smiles. “I’ve worked with USAgent so I'm used so I know people don't have to like each other to work for the common good."

The Outlaws aren't going to like this, tough, if they don't they know where the door is. After I get home I dress in my bat costume and am about to call a meeting of the JLA to brief them on the Stark situation. When this strange teenage, boy stumbles into the cave.

“Bruce I need you're help!"

“Who are you?" I yell. “How did you get into this cave?"

“Well my name's terry and I'm Batman."

Great an insane kid I'm about to throw a Batarang at him when he shows me technology more advanced than I've ever seen, And of all things it' an I pod from the future.

“I’m from another time and I've been sent to take Bruce Cain back with me."

“By Who?" I interrogate.

“By you."

Sounds like I need to hear this kid out, I'll decide if he's crazy after.

6 comments:

Nightwing said...

Now that explains the strange things I heard down the communicators because let me put it this way, it sure as Hell was not Oracle.

You know...Bruce if you want any tips for you and Diana I'd happily help.

Danny Bailey said...

just becuase Batman could doesnt mean he is going to right that second esp sitting there as Bruce Wayne

- said...

I wouldn't have punched Stark either.

I would've killed him.

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Stop the soap opera I want to get off!

;-)

Jean-Luc Picard said...

I'd kick him out rather than listen.

Batman said...

Koma:The goddamn Batman is an idiot.

Nightwing: Dick I spent years traveling all over the world learning about evreything . Including exotic love making techniques. I can likely teach you a few things.

Danny: No kidding.

Deathstroke : I know what yoiu would do and don't like it.

Jon: heh.

Jean Luc: I have a plan for him.

Professor X : Yes and I have a movie coming out too it's advantagoues for us both.