Saturday, July 28, 2007

Family troubles

Cassandra, and Vincent weren't Skrulls. But when I entered the the cave that is adjacent to the house that is ere that "Legacy" Team lives for the most part. I knew something was wrong When I find Cassandra with her costume torn and a strange glow behind her.

I soon realized it was a super saiyan glow. I glared at the kid, that stupid boy Vincent. In her bed.


There was some loud angry words and I stormed out . When I finally returned home I changed out of my Costume,and exited from out of the Grandfather clock entrance to the Batcave, and am surprised by a little blonde girl.

" Who you?" she asks.

" That's the same question I was going to ask you." I think to myself though I doubt a two year old would understand it. Instead what comes out is "Alfred!!!"

He explained that Tim had left Stephanie's daughter here. I know I was going to hear him yell about it after he hears what my next move was I found the girl's mother, Seems she took the utility belt back that Robin took from her some time back.

Good. there is a tracking device in it, So I was able to use the JLA teleporter to go right to her. Though Green Arrow complained. Until I threatened to have the Question Reinstated to the League.

He has a bad enough time arguing with Hawkman every five minutes. Add an Objectivest conspiracy theorist, and Arrow would no longer have the time to regale us with ideas. That and Sage would start calling Ollie by his favorite nick name for him "Marxist Twit." Well he stopped talking about my waste of energy. ( I am not using the Batwing again to go to West City. )

After appearing in West City, I watch Spoiler defeat some small time crooks. After she ties them up for the police She climbs up a building and there I meet her. " Stephanie."


" AAAAAAH!"

" Damn! Just don't jump out at people!" She shrieks. " What did I do this time?"

" Robin has left your daughter at my mansion. " I state.

She's just silent for a few seconds. "Can I see her?"

" Yes, but it will be difficult, if not impossible for you to raise her alone."

She 's just quiet. " Watchtower.... Two for beam up!" I command. After she plays with the child, while not really telling of her relationship with her, I find where Stephanie's father, Arthur Brown, AKA Cluemaster, AKA Reformer, And his wife are these days.

While Stephanie wasn't looking I went into Gotham and found Arthur.

" Reformer." I start.

" What the hell do you want Batman? Haven't you taken enough from me?"


" It's about your daughter..." I start.

" You don't say anything about her! Your the one that killed her!"

" She would have never went into crime fighting if it wasn't for you." I tell him his response is to throw a punch. That I easily dodge.

" Arthur Stephanie is alive." I say.

" What is this? Some kind of sick joke Batman? It's ain't the least bit funny!"

" No Joke. Batgirl did .. something that I still don't understand, and she lives again. Are you aware that she had a daughter?"


" Yeah, I'm aware."

" I have her somewhere safe. and I believe Stephanie wants to raise her, but she needs help. You seem to have actually changed for the better this time, I hope for your daughter and granddaughter's sake you truly have."

I'm about to leave the when he starts talking. " Let's say for a second I believe you Batman. First Is she that Spoiler that's been appearing in West City? Second have you been trying to use her as a weapon like you have that Robin kid, and Batgirl?"


" I've been trying to get her to quit the hero life, as Robin has as well. She's stubborn. Stay here I'll bring her back."

I got her to reluctantly see her father, they argued for what seemed like hours.but they both Agreed to try to at least co exist for now. And Arthur offered to help with Gwen, though. Stephanie. " You screwed up my life Dad! No way am I letting you screw up hers!"

" And you think you can raise a daughter with a team of misfits? You have school you know!" He shoots back.

" yeah well Batgirl can watch when I'm at School."

" No. There is no way I'm letting creepy ninja girl around my granddaughter."

" Hmph. She's a better influence that you are!"

" I'm not Cluemaster anymore, I know I messed up, but Just give me a chance."

"Damn it." She sighs " Ok. Dad you can baby sit, but if you treat her like you did me, well Batman isn't the only thing you have to worry about got it?"

"Ok. "

This isn't the perfect situation, but I'll be watching Mr. Brown. Besides I have offered to allow Stephanie to let Gwen stay the mansion when she needs to. By using The saiyan girl to transport her,. ( I don't trust Inertia.)

Before she returns home, she asks " Was I really Robin?"

" I have already answered that."

" Yeah you were telling that to a dying girl, but the truth?"

" Yes you were Robin, Tim had quit, but as he said I need a Robin. I fired you because of your problem with taking orders. I thought you could die, I hate being right sometimes." She stares at me. " Though you are getting better I watched you fight. As I told Cassandra, you are allowed back any time you want. "

" Yeah. I'll think I'll just keep training with Question, he won't fire me every 5 seconds. But hey thanks for y'know everything. "

I'm hoping this works out. Though I have my reservations.

5 comments:

Robin said...

Cass isn't a creepy ninja and I'm not a weapon.

Batman said...

That's what Arthur Brown thinks. That and I killed his daughter. Though He can't excactly get revenge on Black Mask. Since he's dead.

Jason Todd said...

And you never gave a damn about me but Spoiler? Feh!

Professor Xavier said...

That guy is going to have to get a leash for his tail.

Batman said...

Robin: I know.


Redd hood: I didn't care about you that's why I kept your costume in a case huh?

Professor: he needs a leash period.