Sunday, June 3, 2007

The dead walk.

Ever since the whole saiyan mess I've been throwing myself into my work, in both Wayne Enterprises, and as Batman. I hardly stayed more than three minutes at home until I was to exhausted to go on.

Lucky for me Elektra had pulled the Hand out of Gotham, or I'd be still fighting them. When I returned Alfred. Said " Master Bruce it's a miracle!"

" What are you talking about Alfred?

" See for your self sir." He lead me to this.

" That's impossible. I saw her blown up." I gasp.

" That's not all sir, Mistress Stephanie his with came in with her. "

Cassandra woke up and hugged me.

" How did this happen?" I ask her.

" I was told.... not to tell... By Vincent's dad."

Vegeta! How the hell did that little punk do this? He always claims to hate magic. It could be Bulma cloned her, but Stephanie?

" It's ok you can tell me." I Say.

" No... You were the one.. I wasn't supposed to tell. "

Ok never mind that. " Is Vincent alive again too?"

She gets this weird dreamy look in her eyes. I have to wonder if Deathstroke's drug did some permanent brain damage. "Yes. He's alive."

" Your not allowed to see him anymore."

" What?" She actually yells.

" He's gotten you killed once he could do so again." I explain.

" He didn't kill me.. that saiyan did. " She protests.

" No. But his life is way to dangerous. This is way I never wanted you around Metahumans in the first place."

" Your around them!" She protests.

" I'm more experienced than you are, and I've never died."

She glares at me. " You did... have your back broke."

" This isn't about me. " I shoot back." This is about the fact that the sooner you are away from that little idiot the better. "

" You.. Never had any problem with.. who Nightwing dates... or Robin."

" Not true I never approved of Starfire. For the same reason I 'm not letting you see that saiyan kid."


" You can't .. Tell me what to do!"

" Yes I can. And I have if you want to keep patrolling the streets of Gotham you'll do as I say."

She punches the glass case where costume is encased. "I am not a ...weapon. That's all you see .. me as .. isn't it? Everyone else ... get's to have a life.. but not me! I've done everything.. you asked. And now people.. think I'm evil. "

" Cassandra this is for your own good..."

" No It's not.. It's just because you don't have someone. "

" That has nothing to do with anything. If you can't follow orders then your finished as Batgirl."

Her eyes narrow. " I don't need you... I've earned this! " She holds up the costume. She storms out of the cave with Stephanie close behind her.

Spoiler glares." I don't like Monkey boy, but you didn't have to be such a dick About the whole thing."

" If you don't want to follow orders you can leave too." I state.

" You'll just fire me for a 50th time. Hey Cass Wait up! " The listening devices outside the cave pick up. " Hey we can make our team or something Cass, We don't even need to stay in Gotham. Maybe we can get the Destructo Twins to join up ?"

" They have names ...Steph."

" Yes I know but you have to admit Destructo Twins is pretty accurate."

Damn it this is the exact opposite of what I wanted to happen they are going to die again, like lemmings. I suppose they made their own choice though.

7 comments:

Vegeta said...

If my son daughter get involved in thier little team I'm pretty sure they will be fine. In fact If they are in West City I Or someone else will watch over them.

Now as for you are going to kill yourself at the rate your going. I may not like you, But I see the need for you to exist. And seriously will you not be happy until you are completley alone? First you drive off the first Robin, And now the second one hates you, and the third one you play little mind games with with the help of Cassandra.

You know what you should do? Call up Catwoman, annd get laid, or do something to relax.

Nightwing said...

Man, you really, really, really screwed up. But then again you are Batman so you don't screw up, everybody else screws up. Cause you're always right n'all and everyone is wrong. In case you didn't know I was being sarcastic.

She's in love (or infatuated) and that's natural, she's met somebody who willing to see past all her flaws, problems and sins and like her for who she really is.

Look see it from her point of view, is that too much to ask from the Batman? You don't want to find her battered corpse in a warehouse do you?

Kon-El said...

What the hell? Vegeta is the voice of reasoon, while Bats is aravin' lunatic? Gah! My world is upside down! Up ids down Good is Bad!
I'm in freakin' Bizaaro world.

Robin said...

Hahahaha, yes of course Stephanie is alive. She died and I've accepted her death so you don't need to test me Bats and see if I'm still grieving. Because I'm over her death and hopefully Steph's in a better place. Also if I know one thing is that once somebody has died and been dead for so long, they should be left alone. She's been dead for what 1-2 years? So that would be ethically and morally wrong. I know Cass wouldn't bring her back anyway.

Robin said...

Like you kept suggesting in that post.

Professor Xavier said...

You know they have a word for when the result is the opposite of your intention. Irony.

Just FYI.

Batman said...

Vegeta: All Your answer to evreything, is fight, Eat, or get laid.

Nightwing: If I do find her dead body it will be her own fault.


Conner: Lay off the alcohol.

Sorry Robin.

Professor X: I have a dictonary.


Spoiler: Only because I want to keep you alive